Rewards credit cards offer you reward points on your credit card spends. You can then redeem these reward points against a range of gifts, products and benefits offered by your credit card issuing bank.
Rewards credit cards – how do they reward you?
Depending upon the card-issuing bank you can redeem your reward points for free movie tickets, gift certificates, air miles, cash rebates, store purchases, paying your annual fees etc.
For instance, when you earn rewards points with your Citi Rewards Card, you can redeem your rewards points for a variety of gifts. This includes:
- Vouchers from their Online Catalogue
- Transferring them to your preferred Airlines’ Frequent Flyer or Hotel Membership Programs
- Offset purchases or redeem for vouchers instantly at 500+ instant reward outlets
- SMS Citibank to convert rewards points into cash rebates on your credit card statement.
Click here to view the Citibank Latest Rewards Offer & Deals.
Rewards credit cards – tips on making the most of them
- Go for a rewards credit card that syncs best with your spends. If, for example, you go in for the DBS Black Visa Card, you get 3X DBS Points (or 6 miles for every $5 spend) for all local Visa payWave purchases and 1X DBS Points for all purchases. However, if you are looking for a rewards credit card that rewards you for your utility payments, you may be better served by the OCBC Plus! Visa Credit Card that lets you earn up to 2% LinkPoints rewards on EZ-Reload, telecom bills and utilities.
- Pay with your rewards credit card – This might seem like a no-brainier but you will be surprised at how many miss it! If you wish to accumulate rewards points on your credit card, you must pay for your purchases, online or offline, with your credit card.
- Pay attention to promotions – Promotions can help you earn a deal more reward points than at other times. The Citi Rewards Card has a promotion running from 04th March to 30th April 2016; you get 20X rewards when you charge your purchases at Qoo10 to your Citi Rewards Card.
- Don’t neglect affiliate promotions – Affiliates are the global payment processing networks with which your card is associated. They could be Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Affiliates also tie up with service providers to come up with great promotions for cardholders like you.
For example, you can get $1 off minimum spend of $7 with Visa payWave at Toast Box. This offer is valid from 01st April 2016 to 30th April 2016. If you are a MasterCard holder, you can get a 10% admin fee waiver when you with your MasterCard via MasterPass on the Comfort Delgro Taxi Booking App.